byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

11 October 2011

"Okay, Hunt Club, are you ready for the pick up?" [pt.3]

The "water" has been added. Wonderful weird and amazing stuff, that acrylic paste. It is milky white when you apply it but it dries up transparent. I carefully did one thin layer last night to try it out. This morning, the result was encouraging and I added a second, much thicker layer and was more bold with the brush I applied it with. I made the frothy wave heads a little thicker and made more of a bustle around the Mercury's landing bag. I let some gloops of the paste come out of the capsule's hatch opening to imitate a gulp of water. I bended the brass tube a little in the bell-shape of the spacecraft so the fit was better.




More after the break!

This afternoon, after I came back from work, I gave the wave heads a little highlight with titanium white acrylic paint and also painted the side walls of the diorama blue so it now looks like I cut out a block of sea. I did some extra little dabs of water paste here and there and I now want to let it rest unitl tomorrow.





Next up is the second helicopter I will build, this time a Sikorsky UH-34 Sea Horse. All is ready for putting it above the ill-fated capsule.
That's for later this week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jasper

    Very very like the work. I'm impressed. It is very effective in the sea. I look forward to more.

    Merzo friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Merzo! More soon will follow.

    ReplyDelete

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.