The "water" has been added. Wonderful weird and amazing stuff, that acrylic paste. It is milky white when you apply it but it dries up transparent. I carefully did one thin layer last night to try it out. This morning, the result was encouraging and I added a second, much thicker layer and was more bold with the brush I applied it with. I made the frothy wave heads a little thicker and made more of a bustle around the Mercury's landing bag. I let some gloops of the paste come out of the capsule's hatch opening to imitate a gulp of water. I bended the brass tube a little in the bell-shape of the spacecraft so the fit was better.
More after the break!
Next up is the second helicopter I will build, this time a Sikorsky UH-34 Sea Horse. All is ready for putting it above the ill-fated capsule.
That's for later this week.