My problem was mainly with the boosters; the aligning of the cone with the straight hull was off because the curvature of the transition was too big. This led to a banana shape. It doesn't show that much but too much for my liking. I know how to change it but I couldn't be bothered with this build. Proof of concept. Also the aligning with the core was hard because I didn't put any marks on the hull beforehand. This led to some readjustments and tearing of paper. It was an easy repair but it left its scars. Furthermore, I got some blemishes here and there I couldn't get rid of. This was at a moment the core already was in a too far advanced state to tear it apart easily so I let it be. Proof of concept.
First, in the previous post on the Ariane 6 I promised some detailed photos of the engine bell. Here they are:
|It is a little blurry but you can get a grasp of how large this model is.|
|Smudges. Grmbl. These kinds of things make me a little less careful in the rest of a build. Oh well.|
I made some photos of the Ariane 6 together with the Delta IV to show the size of the beast. They are not that far apart in height.
Some time when the Ariane 6 actually flies I'll make a detailed version, I presume.
This will do for now (-:
Up next: the top of the N1. I hope.