byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

30 July 2017

Zil 4906 [13] Wheels.

Well, whaddaya know? All the wheels are on. I have been busy, I guess. Still to do work on the windows and hatches and some other cabin-related greebles. Now there are some things to say about the wheels and the way they are attached to the vehicle. More on that below.


24 July 2017

Zil 4906 (12) short update - Just one more wheel to go!

So there. Five down, one to go. This was this morning, after making four airplanes to kind of avoid getting any further... 

In front of the Zil are some small doodads for finishing the cabin, four finished wheels and one not even halfway through glueing the treads on, a strip of treads and trials for the upcoming Soyuz in 1/25! More on that later.
 ...And this here below was just minutes ago. Wheel five is ready. 


Now just one last wheel, the one on the rear on the right side, and then it's time for the suspension. It looks like there almost isn't any progress but with my job and all thins in my life beyond paper models it sometimes takes a lot more time to do just one wheel. And just doing a wheel over and over again gets tedious in the long run. Hence the airplanes. I guess I'll take another route for the suspension parts. Not one by one but all parts at once. Might be easier. Who knows.

See you!
--PK

23 July 2017

Planes!

Still on a flow with planes, so the Zil has to wait a while.
Model making should be fun and the Zil is a bit boring, having to do all those wheel treads. So I did some reasonable quickies with planes for some quick results. And because I love doing planes.

I made this Spitfire, a recolour of an older Emil Zarkov model, a later model Griffon-engined Spitfire mk. XIX with a 5-bladed prop and shorter gear. I thought it would be fun to do it in the style of the Red Arrows. It looks quite well with that scheme. I based it on the most recent livery.
 


I also did a recolour of this Zio- plane, this time an aircraft from his native Italy. A while ago I read about how the U.S. Army, while moving up through Italy in 1944, captured this Macchi 202 Folgore (thunderbolt) and gave it a new paint job and tested it. They called it the Wacky Macchi. I liked this and knew I had a model of it, so I changed Fabrizio Prudenziati's Italian Macchi into the U.S. captured version.



Now, for the latest one I did, there is some more to tell.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...