byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

20 April 2012

Titan IIIe "Voyager" 1/96 #8

Okay, so the Voyager probe is finished. It took me longer than expected but that is only because my work just is quite intensive and leaves me with little energy to come home and do some modelling.
All trusswork on the little machine was made from pins. Lots of cutting, measuring and recutting. In the end it is a fairly good rendition of Voyager in 1/96, in my humble opinion.
It fits well on the kick motor and on the Centaur, it fits perfectly inside the fairing and just the top of the High Gain Antenna protrudes out of the cylindrical part into the cone.
The cone is in the works now. More of that later this weekend, I hope. Also, I hope to get work started on the SRM's. It's time this model gets finished and starts collecting dust on the shelves. Still, it will stay quite busy for some time coming, there's still a lot of work to be done for the film we're making and there is going to be a support film going with it which has to be completely edited yet. besides that, we're working on a next film and we have one in pre-production which we have to take some care of, too. So I work on models when I can, but that may not be as frequent as I would like. Luckily, I love my job!
Here's some pictures of Voyager finished.

Instrument arms folded up for stacking. HGA struts were painted white after this picture.



small detail inside the imaging section. Pinhead.
sensors on the instrument arm.
a bit of a messy overview. just so you get the size a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.