byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

09 November 2011

Will the fun ever stop? Yes. It sometimes does.

It might be some time before I continue something space-related. I started doing something else for a change, a build of an early SF movie robot called Maria. She is from the legendary film Metropolis, made by Fritz Lang. When I started this build on Papermodelers, it immediately set root for a discussion which quickly overheated involving the history of this particular model and its whereabouts and the way how I got my hands on this model. I hate those kinds of polemic "your word against mine, I am right and you are not" debates full of slightly insulting allusions. It completely took over the thread.

It sure kicked the fun out of this build and out of making a model in the first place.

I got really sad and upset when this happened. Initially I just was so angry, frustrated and fed up with it all I almost decided to just quit the forum and go back to just build for my own pleasure again. For now I have opted to leave them alone for a while and come back when I feel like. There's only so much shit I can handle and it has reached my limits.

Luckily, I have my own place where I can continue. For now I just want to work quietly on this model. I'll post some progress shots here from time to time.

(I won't make a habit of talking about myself here, this is not a diary kind of blog but this is a rare occasion that I wanted to just do so.)

This is the first attempt, it was a good one but I now have a better version I am working on.

4 comments:

  1. Like Harry Callahan said: "Well, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one".
    PK, I like to read about your work, your creativity, your solutions for the dioramas.
    Laat je niet gek maken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dank je, Toxy. Leuk dat je dit blog volgt. Ik weet niet wie er allemaal meekijken. Ik ga ook wel door hoor. Maar eerst even een vloertje leggen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jasper

    Gefeliciteerd Mari. Meer foto's?

    Ik heb iets gevonden! Geweldig! Fabulous!

    http://vimeo.com/michaelkoenig/earth-timelapse-iss

    http://vimeo.com/32001208

    Het spijt me als de vertaling.

    Merzo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks merzo!

    I made it into a new post.

    The building of Maria is on hold at the moment. I am uninspired. I can't help it...

    ReplyDelete

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.