byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

01 May 2011

Plastered!

The base has been finished and filled with plaster. My cats were very interested in the process of pouring the plaster in the 'mold'. While it is drying, which, I estimate, might take two days, I am about to start with the model itself.

Now what came first: the chicken or the egg? The Mobile Launch Platform, the Crawler or the shuttle? Well, I don't give a hoot. I start with the MLP, so when I build the shuttle it has something to stand on while I make the Crawler. (Hey - that's good thinking, right?)
Next update will be later next week when hopefully some progress has been made (and hopefully Endeavour will be in space.)





The MLP decks are shaped around extended beer mats on which I use templates to cut out the shapes and the sides. So it will be quite sturdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.