byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

01 May 2013

Small scale work - but on a different level

It's that time again. My job and its whatnots is getting in the way of my hobby. There is however one thing it has in common with the small scale I make my models in. 

We had to move out of our beloved luxuriously big office workspace because of, well, the recession also hits independent documentary makers. We loved the roomy environment, where we could walk up and down for miles and think, create ideas. We had two separate edit sets in opposite corners of the room, a huuge conference table, lots of storing space and, well, just we two in 45 m2 was great.
But we had to rethink it all. We had to move to a smaller office. And we did just that in the past week. It all is twice as small, now. We had to cram as much as possible into this tiny square room, had to throw out a lot of stuff and just think practically. Our huuge conference table now contains both of our edit sets and we use a small folding table for our meetings.
So now the office is tiny, subscale if you will, but hopefully we will save some money with it. And of course our ideas still are big.

As far as model making goes: I have been working slowly on the 747 SCA, the results are so minimal, it is not worth yet to make an update. I hope I will have some time on my hands in the next two days, so perhaps there will be something to show later on this week.
So, hang in there, I'll keep you all posted!

--PK

No comments:

Post a Comment

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.