byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

10 February 2013

Baikonur Rollout [6]: Working on the rail road

As the title implies, I worked on laying down the tracks for the rail road itself. A kind of tedious work, cutting off small strips of paper from an already small strip of paper. I first thought it would be fun to count them all and tell you how many sleepers I cut but I forgot the count after the 18th.
All I know that it was a lot.  And it has made me tired. But I have finished the job.
You can see that after the jump.









The rails were made from chrome coated paper which I cut in very small long strips.
Now all there is left to do is place the train on the tracks in a nice and pleasing manner.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jasper
    De dwarsliggers (nou ja hoop ik) snijden ..... ije

    Respect .. De mist en de hele sfeer uitstekend! Ik hou echt van een schilderij, de effect returns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoli! The word for "sleepers" has been translated all right! Although we also use the word "spoorbiels" for it.The cutting of them all was, like I said, tiring and tedious.
      I also like how it has turned out. Now to get the train on the tracks and some good photos...

      Delete
  2. Jeetje, jij werkt harder dan de NS in dagen. Echt super hoor. Je zou eens een documentaire over jezelf moeten maken wb. je hobby. Het is geweldig.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The Dutch railways indeed are lazy bastards. (-;

    But... an egomentary? About little old me? I am not that interesting. Maybe this blog is. I am not. At least not for a documentary.

    ReplyDelete

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.