byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

30 September 2012

Well, that was fun.

Now let's back to the serious stuff again.
Here's the Gatchaman Godphoenix. Scale is unknown, but is is at about 70% of the original model.
I liked the build, nice parts and shapes. Inventive way of making the air inlets. Result is pretty decent but this just was for fun and I didn't really intended this one to be meticulous. It's all paper apart from the deck dome, which is heat-shaped transparent plastic.


Here I am, a month from 42 and I am doing a plane from a kid's cartoon show from the seventies...

More after the jump.


The bottom side. Two observation domes (I think they are) and two downward-facing jet engines behind louvres.



Lots of rounded, curved edges. I used knitting needles to get them round.

The hangar for G-1, Mark/Ken's jet aircraft. When I was young I always presumed this was where the cockpit was but in fact it is right behind the nose cone and the grey harmonica like structure. The outside view was projected on a big screen.

The access dome on top of the deck. This one is made from plastic. I heated a piece of plastic over a flame on my stove and used a bead on a stick to pull the softened plastic over. After cooling, I cut the dome off with my dremel.
Next project already is on the way, I started intensive research. Most of it will be found on Paper Modelers but I also will report here, of course.
Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Super gedaan hoor, leuk even iets anders. Alleen jammer dat op de derde foto de oranje punt wat "slordig gekleurd " is maar verder....ontzettend leuk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, There are some less tidy parts on the model, I know. I never intended it to be a show model anyway, I just wanted to build something else than a rocket. The part you talk about, the red point on the ribbed structure at the nose is about 5 mm in diameter. It originally didn't fit well over that ribbed structure, it left an open space underneath which I filled up. The corrections with coloured pencil were not as tidy as they should be...
    Oh well.

    ReplyDelete

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.