byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

31 December 2011

...Friede; almost ready

Here's a last update on Friede this year. She's not finished yet, but I'm getting close.
The four stabilo's are ready, they're thick and sturdy. Unlike the real rocket whose legs could not carry the weight of the ship, these are quite up to the task.
Most of the work now is concentrated on the honeycomb engine cluster, which is a little more complex than the upper stage. it's coming together real fine but I need one more ring of engine bells to add. As it's getting a bit dark and I don't like working in artificial light alone, I call it quits for today. So, I'll pick up the work next year.
Keep it safe y'all and best wishes for 2012.
Here's a couple of pictures.




All white lines will be painted red in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.