byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

03 July 2019

Inbetweenies: Hütter Hü-136 Stubo Race plane

It is time for an inbetweenie. The External tank is finished, pictures will follow soon, and before I will try my luck on the Solid Rocket Boosters I wanted to do a quick inbetweenie. So there it is.
The Hütter Hü-136 was a proposed German WW2 experimental dive bomber designed right before the war. It lost the competition to other planes so it was never built. But suppose it was. It would have been a nice weirdo for air races after the war. Make up your own what-if story here. Here's a photo of the result, if you read the rest of the story you'll see the rest.


The model fits on a single sheet of A4 paper, it has been designed by Thai Paperwork but I cannot find it in their collection any more. Anyway, I have recoloured it to what I think a Gulf-sponsored race plane would look. Not that I particularly like Gulf or any other brand of environmentally harmful chemical stuff but I like the colour combination and I thought about the liveries of those famous 24H Le Mans Porsches in the days of yesteryear. That's why I chose this scheme.I think most pictures speak for themselves. When necesssary, I'll add some words.


Originally, the prop wasn't moveable but I like my props to be able to spin, so I tried and made some construction to make it do so.


The cockpit of the original Hü-136 was fully armoured and the pilot only had a very limited view through small slits in the heavy metal cabin hood. I changed it into a nice transparent canopy, which is a little more convenient when you fly a race in this plane.



The bomb below the plane's belly was turned into a fuel tank. But it also needed some landing gear. The originally proposed landing configuration was to jettison the propeller, pump out a skid and make a kind of belly landing. Not this girl. I designed a Sukhoi-style landing gear for the Hütter.











Well, that's that, then. Now on to the SRB's. The already are in preparation. More on that in the next post. See you there!

--PK






No comments:

Post a Comment

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.