byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

16 December 2018

Here I am again, Still alive!

I am really sorry I haven't made an update in the past months. I was awfully busy making ends meet. I did make some nice stuff in the time inbetween and I have been working to improve a very nice model made by Gerard Methorst which had some errors in the parts. Luckily Gerard himself came to the rescue and provided me with the otherwise very difficult parts. I just had to fit them in. And that too took a lot of time.

Well, what have I done in the time after the Corsair? After the jump there are some pictures. Spoiler: it's all propeller driven stuff. And was a lot of fun.
Okay, here's my last one, finished today: the Westland P.12 Delanne, a strange tandem derivative of the famous Lysander.



This plane had two pairs of wings. The original tail was replaced by a turret. Oddly enough, the plane was easy to fly. However, technology in wartime develops fast and the British government at the time thought the plane was a bit old-fashioned and abandoned the project. More on the Delanne here. The other builds are in the rest of this post.


Here another photo of the Delanne. It also unofficially was called 'Wendover'.
The Russians too were working on a tandem plane, it was called the Grushin SH-Tandem MAI 3. Because. It also had a turret on its back but the main difference was the front wing configuration, which was here a regular modern cantilevered low wing, while the Wendover had a High strutted wing, which was a little old-fashioned. Nevertheless, The Grushin too was abandoned. This model was designed by Der Kampfflieger, Roman Vasiliyev.



Also of course, another plane from Fabrizio Prudenziati was built. This time his Reggiane 2000 Sagittario. One of the best planes from WW2 but too few were buitl too late in the war to make any difference, Still, a nice plane. Long nose, high on its legs, cockpit places far backwards. 



Then, Before that, I built Nobi's Hurricane because I still didn't have this legend standing between my other planes. So there we are.


And that was what I was up to in the past months. It now is time for Gerard Methorst's Westland Whirlwind. It had a slow start but now I am ready too build. That wil be in the coming week(s), with some back story of the redesigning.
For now, I say, thanks for your patience, and see you soon!
--PK



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.