byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

18 July 2014

Soon: Back to normal! (I hope...)

Heat wave hitting Grunnen at the moment.
Spent days in the tiny office trying to master a DVD of the new film that looked "great", then going for "acceptable" and after that didn't seem to work out, almost giving up. So far for "pro" applications in FCP7. Why it looked so bad on the consumer set we have in the office I still don't know but at home everything looked better. And finally got something more than acceptable.
This all to show that the post-post production almost never goes smooth either. Luckily all we have to do now is just wait for the première next week. Hopefully with some audience attending. It still will be hot, according to the forecasts.

As for the modelling stuff, I have tried to start something earlier this month, but I couldn't get myself to do anything papery at the moment. It is something that should not be obligatory anyway. I guess it is hard for me to be building models when all my creativity has to be used to work on post production.

Let me end with telling you there are a lot of projects simmering in the big creativity cooking pot in my head, There will be - amongst other stuff, in random order and subject to change - a new Falcon 9 V. 1.1 (AXM) 1:100, I'll try my skills on Johan Scherft's hummingbird 1:1, and an addition to the shuttle fleet with Challenger STS 61A.
Really, I regret there hasn't been a lot of new model stuff going on here right now but one only has one brain and a limited amount of creativity to spend. I still am reloading from this monster job the last months. I truly hope the efforts pay off in the response we get from the audience.
See you soon!

--PK


No comments:

Post a Comment

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.