On with the show. Engines, interstage and second stage. I like this one. It's got a good fit and it looks quite good. It looks even better with all the greeblies attached to it.
Here's one picture, the rest is after the jump.
|I added the engine bells. Later on, I painted the insides anthracite.|
The engines were the first thing I did today. They were a bit too long since I made the small beads act as combustion chambers so I had to cut them a little shorter.
The tank dome of the first stage. The Black Arrow was propelled by a mix of RP-1, which is an enriched form of kerosene, and high test peroxide, the stuff the Germans also used for their Me-163 Komet rocket plane. It caused the Black Arrow to fly with an almost invisible flame.
|first and second stage combines. Good fit, nice look.|
|The engine section of the second stage. I added some greeblies to make it look a little more realistic.|
And this is where I am now. The rest, which is the interstage cone to the third stage, the third stage, Prospero (the satellite) and the glossy red nose cone will follow soon.
Thanks for stopping by!