byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

28 October 2022

a Little Exposition in a Library

If you happen to come in the vicinity of Uithuizen, a village in the north of Groningen next month, I recommend you take a look in the local library, where from this afternoon up til 31 december a selection of my paper models will be shown.

I have put some thought in which models I would like to show and what to tell about them. I decided upon this selection after I measured the showcase in which I had to display the models. That meant no vertically positioned models. I had to make a special little stand for the Shuttle stack and I unfortunately had to leave the Tintin rocket at home. Maybe next time!

For now, let's see what people will say about them. Next to the showcase I stuck a little text to the wall on why paper models are such fun to make.


At home, carefully putting models in a plastic crate. Little scary. Stuff is a little fragile.

Safely in the showcase in Uithuizen library.

F-1 engine on transport trolley and Saturn V staging.
All models got a little card explaining what it is and in what scale.

Thunderchild vs the Martian fighting machines

Crevasse and dual splashdown diorama

Shuttle Endeavour and stack horizontally on a stand.

Groningen "Hoofdstation"  and T-38 with an example of an uncut model sheet.

A nice little birthday present to myself, since I became 52 yesterday. Pff. Time flies when you are busy. (-: Let's hope people like what they see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.