byline

Paper models, photos and musings of a Paper Kosmonaut

10 July 2022

Three models. In two weeks.

On the last day of my short two-week vacation I can say that I actually have made three models. So far for thinking I am not inspired or not motivated any more.
I won’t bother you with build reports (I haven’t made them anyway) but I will show you the end result.
First I built the Bee-eaters trio of Johan Scherft.  It’s the (African) dwarf-bee-eater, so it actually is full-scale.  I found a nice twig at the compost heap in the garden they could sit on and the only things I added myself were the 3D-feet (rolled and coloured paper) and a three-part blob of transparent glossy acrylic paint for the eyes. It makes the model so much more come to life. It will be left as a present to the people whose house we are house-sitting.


The second one was a relative quickie and a favourite of mine, Zio’s Spitfire. This one also will be left in the house. As always, Fabrizio Prudenziati’s model is an utter joy to build. The fit is great and the result always makes me smile. The propeller on this build already spins when just walking with it. A sigh makes it move.


The third build was this German curiosity, the VFW 614. A cooperation between several joined Greman aircraft manufacturers and the Dutch Fokker company. The small commuter plane had its engines on top of the wing. An idea which nowadays has regained momentum since it significantly reduces engine noise. A straight forward build without any difficulties. The model has no landing gear so it is placed on a pedestal. It is by no means perfect but it was a nice build and I might do it again some day. This one is going back with me.

Tomorrow it’s back to work again. And I actually am looking forward to it. Weird, eh?

Stay safe and healthy, take good care.

—PK


No comments:

Post a Comment

attention spammers: all posts are moderated before placing.
you won't get through. you lose.